Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall in love

People choose various ways to mark the end of summer. August 31st. Labor Day. The first cool morning. The autumnal equinox--which this year was September 22 at 9:29 p.m. CT. (Who knew? Well, obviously, scientists, but I had no idea it was so late in the day.)

For me, another way summer concludes is the end of Major League Baseball's regular season, which is this coming weekend. This weekend will also be the end of Wrigley Field as we know and love it; a jumbotron much bigger than the scoreboard will be installed in the off season. Don't get me started.

The change of seasons is one of the joys of living in the Midwest. And fall is my favorite season, by far. Here are its credentials for that honor:
  • The anniversary of when Bob proposed to me
  • Sweater weather
  • The start of school (even though it's been a few decades since the #1 Rule of Education was violated: "School shall begin on the day after Labor Day--every year")
  • The changing leaves, especially one stunning maple tree on Flossmoor Road
  • The slanting afternoon sunlight
  • The last two of course lead to the next: marvelous photo opportunities
  • Thanksgiving
  • A cornucopia of birthdays in our family, from late September through October

Soon I'll be uploading fall photos, as I learn the ropes of my delightful new camera. I hope you enjoy them.

Have a blessed autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment